A number of leading figures in the insurance industry were named today (May 19, 2022) to Empower’s 2022 lists for ethnic minorities.
The Empower Lists were created by diversity and inclusion organization Involve with support from Yahoo Finance and celebrate leaders who are “breaking down barriers for people of color in global affairs”.
Founded in 2017, the Empower Lists aim to “celebrate inspiring people of color,” highlight the lack of ethnic diversity within companies at the executive level, and push for the inclusion of Blacks, Asians, and minorities. ethnicity at all organizational levels.
This year, Ajay Mistry, head of digital sales and marketing at Clear Insurance, was again included on the list of Top Insurance Leaders.
He said insurance time“It’s fantastic to see so many ethnic minority leaders in insurance on the rosters this year – it shows us the talent is there, we just need to seek it out more.
“We have made great strides in the insurance industry in nurturing ethnic talent over the past few years, but we still have a long way to go to catch up with other industries.”
Mistry is also co-founder and co-chair of the Cultural Awareness Network (iCAN) insurance. He also sits on the board of directors of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) of the Society of Insurance Broking as well as the Shadow Board of Inclusion at Lloyds of London.
The lists each rank the top 20 students in order, with those in places below 20 being listed in no particular order. The insurance leaders in the 2022 Empower lists are:
Top 100 Future Leaders 2022
(9) Ayomide Akin, Head of Growth Strategy, Accenture
(25) Ajay Mistry, Head of Digital Sales and Marketing, Clear Insurance Management
(35) Felix Wong, Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer, Allianz
(47) Moussa Thiam, Head of Cross Border Operations, Beazley PLC
(48) Malaika Jawed, Associate Lawyer, BLM
(61) Elisha St Hilaire, Head of Early Career Development, Aon
(65) Jaspal Thandi, Product Manager, Marsh
(82) Jon Perry, Underwriter – Executive Risk, Beazley
(83) Susan Richards, Service Delivery Manager, LV=GI
(88) Daniel Clarke, Senior Business Development Manager, Kennedys
Top 100 Executive Role Models 2022
(8) Bina Mehta, Chair, KPMG UK
(31) Chika Aghadiuno, Group Enterprise Risk Manager, Aviva
(32) Rob Anarfi, Chief Risk Officer, Beazley Insurance
(39) Andrew Pearce, Managing Director, Accenture Operations, Accenture
(40) Soraya Wright, non-executive director, member of the audit and risk committee, Beazley Insurance
(52) Maxine Goddard, Senior Vice President, Strategic Distribution and Development, Sompo International
(54) Baljinder Mahil, Head of Distribution Operations, AXA XL UK
(61) Renato Scaff, Senior Managing Director, Head of Supply Chain and North America Operations, Accenture
Top 50 Defender Executive Role Models 2022
(13) Jon Holt, Managing Director, KPMG
(17) Jean-marc Ollagnier, Managing Director Europe, Accenture
(22) Jeffrey Russell, President of Accenture Canada
(50) Sally Lake, Group Finance Director, Beazley Insurance
Besides Mistry, other members of the insurance industry have also returned to the lists this year.
Elisha St Hilaire, Head of Early Career Development at Aon, was again named to the 100 Future Leaders list. Felix Wong, executive assistant to the chief operating officer of Allianz, is on the same list.
Chika Aghadiuno, Group Enterprise Risk Director at Aviva, is again this year on the Top 100 list.
KPMG Chief Executive Jon Holt also returned to the Top 50 Advocates Executive Role Models list and finished 13and place.